The Honor 6X is the new mid-range device from Huawei’s sub-brand. It is the successor to the Honor 5X of last year. The device comes in a metal unibody and has a 5.5-inch 1080p display with 2.5D curved glass.
The Honor 6X is fueled by an octa-Core Kirin 655 processor, and runs Emotion UI 4.1 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow. RAM options available are 3GB and 4GB. There’s also 32GB or 64GB of expandable internal storage.
The device comes with two rear cameras – a 12MP camera with PDAF, LED flash and 6P lens, and a 2MP camera. An 8MP shooter is placed on the front side for selfies.
Measuring 150.9 x 72.6 x 8.2 mm and weighing in at 162g, the device packs in a 3340mAh battery, and has a fingerprint sensor on the back. The handset comes with hybrid SIM slot and 4G VoLTE support. Colour options include gold, silver, grey, and rose gold.
Price and Availability
The Honor 6X is priced at 999 yuan ($148) for the 3GB/32GB model, 1299 yuan ($193) for the 4GB/32GB model, and 1599 yuan ($239) for the 4GB/64GB version. The device will go on sale in China on October 25.
When available in Nigeria, the price of the device will start at around N70,000.
Key Specs of Honor 6X
- Operating System: EMUI 4.1 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Display: 5.5-inch display
- Resolution: 1920×1080 pixels
- CPU: octa-core Kirin 655 processor
- Rear camera: 12MP rear camera with PDAF, LED flash, and 6P lens, and 2MP camera
- Front Camera: 8MP camera
- RAM: 3/4GB
- Internal storage: 32/64GB
- Expandable storage: yes, up to 128GB (hybrid slot)
- SIM Type: Hybrid Dual SIM (nano+ nano/microSD)
- Battery: 3340mAh battery