China-based smartphone manufacturer, Meizu, has unveiled a new phablet – Meizu M3 Max, at a launch event in China.
The M3 Max flaunts an all-metal body and packs a 6-inch display with 1920 x 1080 resolution. The device is fueled by the MediaTek octa-core Helio P10 chipset and backed by 3GB of RAM and 64GB of expandable onboard storage.
On the camera front, a 12MP Sony IMX258 sensor with PDAF, dual-LED flash and and f/2.2 aperture is available on the rear, while a 5MP shooter with f/2.0 aperture and 4P lens can be found on the front of the device.
The M3 Max comes with hybrid SIM card slots and supports 4G LTE with VoLTE. The physical home button doubles as a fingerprint scanner and a USB Type-C takes care of charging the 4100mAh battery which supports fast charging (can charge up to 45% in 30 minutes).
Android 6.0 Marshmallow comes pre-installed with Meizu’s Flyme OS 5.2 on top. Champagne Gold, Gray, Siver and Rose Gold are the color options available.
PRICE AND AVAILABILITY
Meizu M3 Max carries a price tag of 1699 Yuan (about $255) in China. The device will go on sale starting September 15.
The M3 Max will cost about N110,000 – N150,000 when available in Nigeria.
Key specs of Meizu M3 Max
- Dimensions(mm): 163.4 x 81.6 x 7.94
- Operating System: Android 6.0 Marshmallow based Flyme OS 5.2
- Display: 6-inch IPS display
- Resolution: 1920×1080 pixels
- Processor: 1.8GHz octa-core processor
- Rear camera: 13MP with Phase Detection Autofocus, f/2.2 aperture and dual-LED flash
- Front Camera: 5MP camera with f/2.0 aperture and 4P lens
- RAM: 3GB
- Internal storage: 64GB
- Expandable storage: Yes, up to 128GB (uses SIM 2 slot)
- SIM: Hybrid Dual Nano-SIM
- Battery: 4100mAh non-removable battery