Chinese smartphone manufacturer Meizu has launched a new budget device in China. Dubbed M5, the device features a 5.2-inch HD display with 2.5D curved glass.
It is powered by a MediaTek MT6750 octa-core processor with four cortex-A53 cores clocked at 1.5GHz and four more clocked at 1.0GHz. A Mali-T860 GPU is available to render the graphics. The phone comes in 2GB/16GB and 3GB/32GB memory confinguration, and has a microSD slot for storage expansion.
The Meizu M5 sports a 13-megapixel rear camera with phase detection autofocus (PDAF), and dual-LED flash. The front-facing unit is an 8-megapixel sensor with f/2.0 aperture and 4P lens.
The phone runs Flyme UI 5.5 on top of Yun OS. A fingerprint sensor which is said to unlock the device in 0.2 seconds, is embedded in the home button.
The Meizu M5 comes with hybrid SIM slot and VoLTE support. A 3070mAh battery is available to keep the lights on. The device has a polycarbonate body, and comes in five colors – White, Mint Green, Champagne Gold, Blue, and Matte Black.
Price and Availability
The Meizu M5 is priced at CNY 699 (around $103) for the 2GB/16GB model and CNY 899 (around $132) for the 32GB variant. When the Meizu M5 lands in western markets, the Yun OS would be swapped for Android.
Key Specs of Meizu M5
- Operating System: Yun OS 5.1 with Flyme UI 5.5
- Display: 5.2-inch display
- Resolution: 720×1280 pixels
- Dimensions: 147.2×72.8×8mm
- Processor: Octa-Core MediaTek MT6750 processor (4 x 1.5GHz Cortex-A53 + 4 x 1.0GHz Cortex-A53)
- Rear camera: 13MP camera with PDAF, dual-LED flash, 5P lens, f/2.2 aperture
- Front Camera: 8MP camera with f/2.0 aperture, 4P lens
- RAM: 2/3GB
- Internal storage: 16/32GB
- Expandable storage: yes, up to 128GB (hybrid slot)
- SIM Type: Hybrid Dual SIM (nano+ nano/microSD)
- Battery: 3070mAh battery