2016 is undoubtedly a great year for Tecno having released a number of respectable devices, and has now expanded beyond Africa.
Tecno Phantom 6 and its elder brother, the Phantom 6 plus – were launched in Dubia on September 25. Tecno has also begun rolling out plans to enter the South-east Asian and South American markets.
The Phantom 6 is the beauty according to Tecno’s campaign tagline – Beauty and the beast. The device comes in a metallic body, and maintains the 5.5-inch display of the Phantom 5.
Under the hood, the Phantom 6 is fueled by an octa-core MediaTek Helio X20 processor clocked at a frequency of 2.0GHz.
Tecno Phantom 6 is loaded with 3GB of RAM and 32GB of onboard storage, expandable up to 128GB via a microSD card.
Tecno also brings in the dual camera setup similar to that on the Xiaomi Redmi Pro – a 13MP Sony IMX258 camera to record the view, and a 5MP camera to capture depth information. The front-facing unit is an 8MP sensor with wide-angle lens.
Apart from the standard connectivity options, the Phantom 6 has 4G LTE support, USB Type-C and OTG. The power department however sees a downgrade from the 3000mAh unit of the Phantom 5 to 2700mAh battery – and its non-removable.
Android 6.0 comes pre-loaaded on the phone with Tecno’s very own HiOS`v1.0 on top. Unfortunately, the device doesn’t get a fingerprint reader, but it has an iris scanner. It will be available in Champagne Gold and Star Grey paint jobs.
Price and Availability
Tecno Phantom 6 carries a price tag of 899AED in Dubai, and will cost about N80,000 – N90,000 in Nigeria.
Key specs of Tecno Phantom 6
- Dimensions(mm): 151.5 x 75.5 x 6.15
- Operating System: HiOS based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
- Display: 5.5-inch AMOLED display
- Resolution: 1920×1080 pixels
- Processor: 2.0GHz octa-core processor
- Rear camera: 13MP AF + 5MP Dual Back Camera
- Front Camera: 8MP with wide-angle lens
- Security: Iris scanner 2.0
- RAM: 3GB
- Internal storage: 32GB
- Expandable storage: Yes, up to 128GB
- SIM Count & Type: Dual Micro-SIM
- Battery: 2700mAh non-removable battery