You slot in your flash drive to check something only to find out that your files and folders are hidden. No worries! It’s easy to fix that. When your flash drive is infected with virus, your files and folders may be hidden. After using any of the two methods below to unhide your hidden files, be sure to perform a scan using a good antivirus software.
METHOD 1: Using Folder Options
- Go to Start menu > Computer and click on View.
- Check the box beside Hidden Items and confirm if your files are now visible.
- If this method does not work, try the next method.
METHOD 2: Using Command Prompt
- Open command prompt by pressing Windows+R
- In the window that appears, type cmd and press Enter
- Type the following in the next window and press Enter
attrib -h -r -s /s /d f:\*.*
- Replace f with your drive letter.
- Press Enter and confirm if your files are now visible.
Image credit: Shutterstock
If you found this post helpful, please show some love by sharing it with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp or Google Plus. Thanks
Ukeme likes to keep things simple and believes that tech doesn’t really have to be complicated. She is also a web designer and loves to learn new things.